Weekly reflection 3

5/19/19
5:00 PM

It’s crazy how fast three weeks can go by. This week has definitely been an emotional week. The other day it hit me that I will be leaving and graduating from this place in less then a week. There have been times in the last year where I hate it here, but then there are times where I feel so lucky to be part of such and amazing school, that outweigh the bad. This week I've learned a lot about myself and my skill with pottery. I’ve learned how to manage my time to reach my goals, and I’ve managed to raise almost $300 more then what my original goal was. Now since I still have people that owe me money for my project and purchasing mugs, I’m looming st close to $1000 which is amazing. I sold 7 pieces of art at the art show on Friday, and make $215. This week a bowl that was really big ended up breaking, so I sat down and made another one. I’ve learned to detach from my art work because when it breaks and your attached, you fill with anger. I’ve learned to enjoy what I've made but not get upset if it breaks. I’m thinking for my express fest presentation I’ll show a couple time laps videos of me throwing in the wheel. The videos really show people what’s its like and how mugs are made. I’m impressed with how cool it looks when something that takes 10-15 minutes to make is shortens in a video only asking 30 seconds. I never thought id be able to be this consistent when it comes to pottery, and this project has made me want to start selling pottery at home. Kate is going to try to set me up with a wheel and kiln at home to continue my pottery. Earlier this week someone wanted to buy a bowl and I told her $20, only to have Kate come up to me and tell me not to sell myself short. I raised my prices so that mugs are $25-$35 and bowls are $45-$55. And surprisingly people still want them. I’ve spend more then my required hours in slocumb the last 2.5 weeks, and it’s sad to think that I only have 2 more days left. This senior project has definitely been a huge learning experience. I’ve learned so much about myself and gained so much confidence and skill, that I thought I’d never have. The best feeling is opening the kiln after a glazed kiln has finished and seeing the final result. Sometimes it’s really bad and I get angry, and sometimes I’m in awww about how good some of the artwork looks.
Total hours=63

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior project day 1

Blog day 15

Blog day 14